Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Things we've been doing


I just wanted to fill everyone in with whats been going on. Kenny is playing football again (3rd year) and Bailey is just starting with her 2nd year in cheerleading. I don't have a schedule yet but I will post their games, times, location when I get it. Days are quite short during this season... I get off of work pick up the kids and take them straight to practice. Poor Kenny, practice is from 6-8 Monday thru Friday. On top of that he does martial arts. About every 6 weeks he has a promotion where he has to preform certain kicks, punches, etc. This Saturday he will be getting a new color belt. Last time he went he actually had to karate chop a board and break it. It was pretty cool to watch! Heres a picture of the before and after...




Last weekend was the Portuguese Festa. Bailey marched as a side princess for one of her friends. The way it works is Saturday night is a dance and the girls have a little introduction said about them. Then Sunday morning they march from the Portuguese hall and to the Catholic Church, attend mass and then march back to the Hall. There are lots of other Portuguese clubs from different towns that participate too. Anyhow... thats the short of it.


The girls in church


The girls bring up the offering
Here is Bailey, Avery, and Payton marching




These next few pictures are from the dance that was up at the Portuguese hall... Bailey managed to do something I haven't been able to do in years... Get her daddy to dance with her!










Now my husband has now managed to take up a new hobby, kitesurfing. It is rather interesting... the way it works is you have a big kite which is strapped to your chest and a board (like a smaller surf board or wakeboard). Anyhow you launch your kite, head off into the river, and away you go. He has a huge rope burn around his dang neck!!! yah, he got the strings rapped around is neck, could of choked him! I will try to get some pictures of him kite surfing... but for now thats what we have been up to.

1 comments:

For His Glory said...

WOw! You go Kenny! Better stay away from you boy! And how cute was Bailey! She is so cute...The one of her and her daddy is precious!